Wednesday, May 31, 2017

. kasey senatore

this skin is not my own
it is a
fantasy, it is
an illusion, it is
it is a shield that i wear on my soul
this skin is not my own
when i fall asleep at night i don’t feel it
when i dream i don’t know my skin
therefore i am not my skin
have you ever felt that way?
it isn’t me, it is
I t   is
it  i   s
it    is
I?
we are all born Free*
      *but there is an asterisk
we are
restrained by our bodies
by the timers on our lives
by every saying about how short we have til we die
it restrains me
i am stuck in my skin
i cannot know everyone
i cannot know everything
i cannot be everyone and see everything
this skin is not my own

i want to break out of it i want to spread my consciousness across the world i want to be on the peak of the himalayas i want to be at the bottom of the grand canyon i want to be in tokyo’s modern streets and at the same time i want to be here in Sparta, New Jersey where i am.
it isn’t me
my flesh and bone, the cartilage in my ears,
the fat on my belly, the organs it protects,
it is my
mind, my mind is me,
my brain,
the fleshy folds of my unconscious  consciousness,
i am in my skeleton,
i am the nerves that run through this body,
i am the thought in every step,
i am me, but i am not my skin, i am not .
sleep deprivation and 3am philosophy -- Kasey Senatore

1 comment: