Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A picture is worth few words by Rebecca Greenberg




As our 10th grade English curriculum comes to an end, our last unit deals with the freedom of creativity. One of our assignments is to take a picture and write a brief evocative description for it, which is also known as a vignette

Many know the phrase, "a picture is worth a thousand words", but the purpose of my blog is to create a new phrase. "A picture is worth few words". 

Below are some powerful pictures, that can be interpreted in many different ways, and can be described variously.

These pictures are worth a thousand words, reaction, and thoughts, yet i'm only going to describe them in eight. 

Image result for powerful pictures

My weapon destroys, my soul yearns for harmony 


 The poisoned air I digest, keeps me clean

Image result for powerful pictures
My hand placed in yours, a comfort unknown

Image result for powerful pictures
the words of violence, are wires tearing flesh.

Image result for powerful pictures
My life plays me, bleeding at the heart.

Feel free to comment you own eight word vignettes below describing these pictures!

1 comment: