Friday, March 17, 2017

Erin Go Bragh

As a very Irish girl, I love celebrating St.Patrick's Day! My blog post happened to fall on the exact day of this wonderful holiday, and so I have decided to make a list of St.Patrick's Day festivities that I enjoy partaking in every March 17th.

1. "Erin Go Bragh"
   This Irish saying translates to "Ireland Forever", and it always puts a smile on my face. I love the the strong meaning behind it and the homage it pays to the Irish background. It is also a cool bonus that my own name, Erin, means Ireland.

2. Cornbeef and Cabbage
    I always look forward to a delicious dinner cooked by my dad, who I get my Irish heritage from. Corn beef and cabbage never disappoints!    

3. Green
 It is nice to see everyone come together and wear green, whether they are showing off their Irish background or just participating for fun. The green represents Ireland (green is in the flag) and leprechauns.
4. Sodabread
  Another delicious Irish recipe I look forward to.  This unique recipe is baked to perfection and melts in your mouth.
5. Shamrock
Shamrock shakes are amazing mint ice cream desserts that you can only enjoy this time of year. A shamrock also represents good luck, something I could always use.
6. Parades
I love seeing everyone celebrating together and enjoying their own culture. It makes me think of where my family came from and how lucky I am to be apart of the Irish community.

Erin Lyden

1 comment:

  1. I hope you checked most of those things off your list of things to do/eat/wear on St. Patty's day. If you're interested in Ireland's literary history, check out James Joyce, or ask your dad about him. He's bound to know. --Mr. Johnson

    ReplyDelete