Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Disney World

By Nuriel Rozenberg

A couple days ago, I came back home from a childhood dream of mine. I went to Disney World. The initial shock of being there hit me hard since I've been begging my parents to take me since I could remember. This time, I was lucky enough to be apart of the Orchestra's trip this year.
We performed at Disney Springs and had this amazing workshop. We were fortunate enough to play disney songs including, Beauty and the Beast which was originally sung by Mrs. Potts, and listen our recording in the actual movie. Our orchestra learned valuable skills that I hope will stay with us in the future and make us better musicians. Sure, we got back to the hotel that night at around 12:15am, but it was an experience I would never forget.
Each park we went to felt like a different place. I felt like I was being transported into this magical world where everything from my childhood was there. This one ride that I was on, Mission Space, it had actual G Force to stimulate going into space. As cool as that sounds, I felt my lungs being pushed to the back of my chest leading me to feel like I was in the COPD commercial where the elephant is sitting on people's chests. Epcot was probably the most interesting place I've ever been. We got to meet people from the actual country that they are from who worked in the country that we were "visiting". I got to use some of my French skills too, even though they weren't that great.
My favorite memory from the trip had to be the character dinning. We got to meet characters from Winnie the Pooh in Magic Kingdom. As I was admiring Cinderella's castle from the restaurant, Piglet came over and practically startled me because I wasn't ready. Piglet was a childhood favorite of mine so I ended up tearing up a little from the initial shock that I was meeting my favorite Winnie the Pooh character. Piglet and I hugged for a solid 5 minutes because of me crying.
Overall, this trip was something I will remember for a lifetime. I was given the opportunity to go to a childhood dream of mine with my best friends. Everything made me happy there, even the workers. Although our flight got delayed about 3 hours and I didn't get home until 5am, it was still fun. We all sat at the airport and laughed at practically everything. I'll never forget the amazing memories I had on my first trip to Disney World.



1 comment:

  1. So exciting that you got to go on a dream trip! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete