Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Movie Review: A Dog's Purpose| by Samantha Patino

Over the past few weeks, many have been in uproar over the treatment of a dog in the new film, “A Dog’s Purpose”.  While filming a scene for the movie, the dog had to be submerged in water, and the way the trainer forced the terrified german shepherd into water brought about many questions of cruelty.  Although the dog was not physically harmed, he was very stressed after completing the scene.  Now, almost everybody has seen the video of the dog being pushed into the water, but that did not prevent many from flying to the theaters to see the heartwarming movie.  After now seeing the movie myself, I now know why so many have raved about how good the movie was.  It touched on every emotion, and as I looked around at the audience beside me, it was hard  to find a dry eye.  I found myself laughing and crying over and over again throughout the entirety of the movie.  The movie represents the strong bond between animals and the humans that they love.  The movie also touched upon some of the topics that animal activists campaign about such as, kill shelters and taking home a pet that you cannot care for. Now, I am about halfway through the book although there are some things that are different the movie is a true representation of the book.  The only thing that I found disappointing was how the dog was treated while filming, but other then that I would rate the movie a 10/10, and I would see it again in a heartbeat.  If you are an animal lover, I would definitely recommend going to see this movie, as it accurately represents the bond between humans and their pets.     

3 comments:

  1. I saw a preview for this and it looked like such a heartwarming movie! I never go to the movies but it's on my list to rent one day! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unfortunate that bad choices regarding the treatment of animals cast a dark shadow over what sounds like an amazing movie. --Mr. Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought animals were not supposed to be harmed while making movies , so that part was sad . But it sounds like a great story

    ReplyDelete