Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Stolen

A poem by Kasey Senatore,
From Frankenstein's monster to his creator

Unstoppable
Infallible
Insatiable
The perfect man
You made
The strongest
And the coldest

Stolen breaths
Filling stolen lungs
Feeding a stolen heart
Which has already died
You’re using borrowed time

The perfect man you created
Stronger, faster, harder, colder
Isn’t this what you wanted?

Snapping necks under my thumb
Sending chills from a single glance
Shotgun shells useless on my lifeless skin
Isn’t this what you wanted?

When you stole my heart
From an aging grave,
How could you expect me
To feel compassion?
My heart has already died.

You gave me life
And I’m already dead inside.
Here’s your monster, Frankenstein.

Isn’t this what you wanted?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on this! I love when you write poetry! ~ Mrs. Kopp

    ReplyDelete