Monday, June 5, 2017

Why Deadliest Catch is the Greatest Show Ever Made by Billy Stoddard

I have recently been watching a show on the discovery channel called Deadliest Catch. I love it. I can't wait until the new episodes come out because I like it so much. I am not a big television watcher but Deadliest Catch has hooked me. The show is great. These guys go out on crab boats in the middle of the Bering Sea and these boats pitch like thirty feet up and down as these huge waves crash over the deck. These guys are on the deck and the wind is going at fifty miles an hour and the crab pots are swinging around. These pots weigh a thousand pounds each and are flying around on ropes. It gets crazy. Then if the pot is full the crew goes crazy and starts counting the crab. Deadliest Catch is a really great show. Here are a few reasons why you should watch it.

One reason why you should watch Deadliest Catch is it is exciting. You get an adrenaline rush seeing the boats crash in the sea and are actually on the edge of your seat as the crew waits to see if there is crab in the pot. With high winds, heavy seas, storms, and other emergencies, Deadliest Catch isn't for the faint of heart. This excitement just consumes you and you get totally focused on watching the crab. You feel like you are on the boat with the guys.

Another reason why you should watch Deadliest Catch is the content of the show. It is about guys who swear and fish crab on a boat in dangerous weather. There is no show out there with more interesting content. What is better to watch than a bunch of guys throw F bombs around while they fish crab in the middle of a storm?

Deadliest Catch is also a great show to learn life skills. For example, right now, if I had to rig a crab pot or fix a broken hydraulic system I could probably do it no problem because I watch Deadliest Catch. If I was in a situation where I had to figure out the best course to send my boat on to catch some crab I could do it. You learn lots of stuff when watching Deadliest Catch. For example, before I watched Deadliest Catch I didn't know that crabs need cold water in order to survive. With rising ocean temperatures, crab captains have to change the places where they lay their pots in order to catch enough fish. Also you learn about hard work. These guys don't sleep and haul crab pots around through the day and night. One day you might be in a survival situation where you need to fish crab. Watching Deadliest Catch is a great way to prepare for this situation.

Another reason to watch Deadliest Catch is for fashion. If you ever are on a crab boat, you will know what is acceptable to wear. Nobody wears collared shirts on crab boats. Hoodies, jeans, sweatpants, heavy jackets, and baseball hats are all good to wear.

The final reason why you should watch Deadliest Catch is because of what else is on TV. I turn on the TV and there is CNN, keeping up with the Kardashians, the weather channel, nothing good. Deadliest Catch is a great show and I highly recommend it.

Based on the reasons stated above, Deadliest Catch is the greatest show ever produced. I cannot recommend it enough. A part of you changes after watching Deadliest Catch. You are there, on the deck, in the storm, with the crab pots swinging all around you. It is this experience that cannot be replicated by any other show.
Billy Stoddard

1 comment: